Who We Are
Smile for a Lifetime Foundation is a charitable non-profit organization that provides orthodontic care to individuals who may not have the opportunity to acquire assistance. Launched in 2008, Smile for a Lifetime Foundation aims to reach individuals with financial challenges, special situations, and orthodontic needs. The Foundation sponsors the orthodontic care of hundreds of patients each year. Smile for a Lifetime Foundation has participating orthodontists throughout the US. Each chapter has its own local Board of Directors who choose patients to be treated by the Foundation.
It is our mission to create self-confidence, inspire hope, and change the lives of children in our community in a dramatic way. The gift of a smile can do all this for a deserving, underserved individual who, in turn, can use this gift to better themselves and our community.
Dr. Paquette graduated from UNC School of Dentistry in 1979 with a Doctorate of Dental Surgery. He received a Master’s degree in Pediatric Dentistry from UNC in 1983. His Master’s thesis won a national research award that same year. He is board certified by the American Board of Orthodontics and the American Board of Pediatric Dentistry. In January of 1990 he received his Master’s degree and specialty certificate from St. Louis University.
Since 1990 he has been in private practice in Charlotte, NC. Dr. Paquette won the coveted Milo Helman Award in 1991 with his Master’s thesis and has since gone on to achieve numerous, prestigious honors in the field of Dentistry and Orthodontics. In addition, Dr. Paquette has carried out several Academic appointments within St. Louis University, Carolinas Medical Center and UNC School of Dentistry. He has published numerous articles in many different industry publications. He is also a frequent speaker both in the United States and Worldwide, teaching Orthodontists current techniques as well as practice management skills.
Dr. Paquette is passionate about advancing the art and science of Orthodontics. He enjoys spending time with his lovely wife Jenny and their 4 girls and when time permits he likes running, scuba diving, water and snow skiing, snow boarding and being an instrument-rated private pilot.
- Must be between 11 and 17 years old.
- Family income must not exceed 185% of the poverty threshold.
- Must have a significant aesthetic need for braces.
- Must be a currently enrolled student and performing satisfactorily in school (minimum 2.0 GPA).
- Letters of Recommendation are mandatory. Please do not submit more than two letters, and limit each reference letter to one page each. Please type or print clearly with black ink (no pencil). Must be written by; school, church or community leaders that know the applicant. Letters of recommendation should NOT be written by family members.
- Your attached 5X7 picture must be a clear picture of the applicant’s full smile with teeth showing.
- Applicant must fill out and submit: application and applicant questionnaire by the deadline of each quarterly meeting. (See quarterly deadline dates below.)
- Your application, letters of reference and pictures will not be returned to you and will become property of Smile for a Lifetime foundation.
- The applicant must be a resident of Mooresville or surrounding areas. (See the list of surrounding area zip codes below.)
- Must be willing during the treatment period to “pay it forward” by completing 40 hours of community service at your charity of choice. These volunteer hours must be tracked.
- Must demonstrate a positive attitude.
- Must agree to follow the treatment plan, and demonstrate the ability and commitment to make all appointments on time.
- Must show involvement and leadership in extracurricular activities.
- Return your completed application, letters of recommendation, and photo to:
Smile for a Lifetime Foundation
Attn: Smile for a Lifetime
452 Williamson Rd., Suite A
Mooresville, NC 28117
Applications that do not meet these criteria will not be voted on by our Board of Directors. Our Board of Directors will meet quarterly to make their selections.
The Smile For A Lifetime board Lake Norman Chapter quarterly deadline dates.
|1st Quarter||2nd Quarter||3rd Quarter||4th Quarter|
|January 15th||March 15th||June 15th||September 15th|
If your application is received after the deadline, it WILL BE deferred to the following deadline’s board meeting. Applications are kept on file for a maximum of 6 months from the date received, after which time, it is expected that the applicant will provide all financial records for the current fiscal year.
The S4L Lake Norman Chapter services the following zip codes:
If you do not live in one of the aforementioned zip codes, you may visit the national website at www.s4l.org to seek advice on Smile for a Lifetime doctors in your area.
Application & Questions
If you have questions, please call Paquette Orthodontics at (704) 799-3777 or via e-mail at s4ltime [at] gmail [dot] com (subject: S4L Questions from the Paquette website) . The link for the S4L Application is below under the heading "S4L Application Document".
CLICK HERE to go to the Smile for a Lifetime website to read the current and past newsletters.
Applicants not accepted are welcomed and encouraged to resubmit every quarter.
S4L Application Document
You will need Adobe Reader to view and print the S4L Application.